A&S Faculty Fellow for Community Engagement
The primary responsibility of the Faculty Fellow for Community Engagement is to oversee A&S responsibilities in OSU’s Engagement Initiative. As part of its Land Grant mission, Oklahoma State University fosters faculty engagement with community (broadly defined). The position is: One year appointment (academic year only); 25% assignment to the Dean’s Office as a Faculty Fellow; only tenured faculty are eligible for consideration.
2016-17 Faculty Fellow
Lucero “Chelo” Tenorio
From the moment I moved to Stillwater, I have contributed to our campus and the community in multiple ways—through teaching, research, volunteering, serving on boards, and off-campus work. I am a life-long learner seeking to improve my scholarship and teaching through shared dialogue, cooperation, and reflection. As a faculty member I know we need each other, and the support of the broader community, to do our best work.
My research interests include Latin American Studies, including historical, social, and economic aspects of the region. And on the Literature side, Latin American works of non-fiction. I have extensively studied the Latin American Women’s Essay, and more recently Autobiography, Letters, Diaries, and the new Latin American Literary Essay. I am passionate about these topics but also, more recently, I have found great joy in teaching my students Spanish how to teach the language to children. Teaching pedagogy to my students and seeing the fruit of their labor in teaching Spanish to elementary school children in Stillwater, is just very fulfilling.
Previous Faculty Fellows
Responsibilities of the Faculty Fellow
- Represent A&S at monthly meetings of the University Network on Community Engagement (UNCE)
- Attend an annual Engagement Scholarship conference
- Learn about A&S activities and needs in engagement, then become a resource and mentor for faculty across the college
- Organize and run workshops for faculty on Community Engagement
- Update and Expand the A&S engagement database
- Oversee the A&S engagement award and engagement grants
- Assist in the transition to the following year’s A&S Faculty Fellow for Engagement
- Participate in weekly Dean’s Office meetings
For more information about the A&S Faculty Fellow for CE progam, email Chelo Tenorio or call: 405-744-3569.